Postgraduate Study at Lancaster
Download our Postgraduate Handbook
Guidelines for Applying for a PhD
The members of the Centre for Transcultural Writing and Research believe in a research community that includes postgraduate students as well as members of staff. Several departments within the Faculty offer postgraduate teaching that has a strong intercultural dimension, recruiting students from very diverse cultural backgrounds, and their research connects to a panorama of writings linking issues of location, migration, diaspora and intercultural exchange. We want to encourage applications from students at both MA and PhD level: visit the Faculty web pages on Postgraduate Study to read more about opportunities for study within the Faculty.
Watch ‘Writing Without Borders’, a short YouTube film about our postgraduate distance learning programmes and our international student community.
The Department of English & Creative Writing is increasingly the focus of teaching activity, action research and interdisciplinary academic research in the field of international writing. We offer:
• The freedom to work in your chosen literary form with a strong personal connection to your tutors.
• A challenging, disciplined, and innovative learning environment with strong UK and international connections.
• Expert individual or small-group tuition delivered by experienced tutors in an atmosphere of mutual support and enquiry.
• A Residential Course at a leading writing centre (campus MA); a Summer School at the University (DLMA).
• Visits from industry professionals, including writers, editors and publishers.
Read about some of the recent publications by Lancaster’s PhD students
Read more about the 2013 DLMA Summer School