Postgraduate Study at Lancaster
The members of the Centre for Transcultural Writing and Research believe in a research community that includes postgraduate students as well as members of staff. Several departments within the Faculty offer postgraduate teaching that has a strong intercultural dimension, recruiting students from very diverse cultural backgrounds, and their research connects to a panorama of writings linking issues of location, migration, diaspora and intercultural exchange. We want to encourage applications from students at both MA and PhD level. For more information on postgraduate study in Creative Writing, see Lancaster’s Department of English & Creative Writing website.
Watch ‘Writing Without Borders’, a short YouTube film about our postgraduate distance learning programmes and our international student community.
The Department of English & Creative Writing is increasingly the focus of teaching activity, action research and interdisciplinary academic research in the field of international writing. We offer:
• The freedom to work in your chosen literary form with a strong personal connection to your tutors.
• A challenging, disciplined, and innovative learning environment with strong UK and international connections.
• Expert individual or small-group tuition delivered by experienced tutors in an atmosphere of mutual support and enquiry.
• A Residential Course at a leading writing centre (campus MA); a Summer School at the University (DLMA).
• Visits from industry professionals, including writers, editors and publishers.